Petroleum and Petrochemical Engineering
Petrochemicals are chemical products developed from Petroleum. Some chemical compounds made from Petroleum are also obtained from fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas, and renewable sources such as corn or sugar cane. The most common petrochemicals are olefins and aromatics (including benzene, toluene and xylene isomers), Synthesis gas. Petroleum refining processes are nothing but Chemical Engineering processes used in petroleum refineries to change crude oil into useful products such as Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), gasoline (petrol), kerosene, jet fuel, diesel oil and fuel oils.
- Track 1-1 Fuels and Refining
- Track 2-2 Production and Storage Unit
- Track 3-3 Coastal Engineering
- Track 4-4 Petroleum Economy
- Track 5-5 Environmental Hazards and Safety Measures
- Track 6-6 Environmental Hazards and Safety Measures